2008 NYSC Batches “A” and “B” Mobilization Exercise
The University community and the prospective Corps members for the 2008 Batches “A” and “B” in particular are hereby informed of the changes in the NYSC Mobilization process as follows:
A. 2008 NYSC BATCH ‘A’
That the 2008 Batch ‘A’ Orientation Programme will be in two-in-one (i.e. two (2) groups).
- That orientation programme for group one will be between 26th March and 16th April, 2008.
- That the orientation programme for group two will be between 21st April and 12th May, 2008.
- That the Call-up Letters for prospective Corps members in group one will be distributed between 19th and 25th March, 2008.
- That only the Call-up Letters for prospective Corps members slated for the March 26th orientation exercise would be available for collection between 19th and 25th March, 2008.
- That registration at the Orientation Camps would last for TWO DAYS (i.e. 26th and 27th March, 2008
- That the Call-up Letters for prospective Corps members for group two would be released by NYSC to Institutions around the 2nd week of April, 2008.
- That all the 2008 Batch ‘A’ prospective Corps members are requested to check for their group and posting from the NYSC Website – www.nysc.gov.ng.
- That any prospective Corps member listed in group one but missed the orientation exercise for any reason whatsoever, will not be eligible for group two.
- That the two-in-one orientation arrangement was necessitated by the high number of prospective Corps members for the 2008 Batch ‘A’ coupled with the inadequate infrastructural facilities in the Orientation Camps nationwide.
B. 2008 NYSC BATCH ‘B’
The NYSC has decided to have three batches for the 2008 Service Year (i.e. Batches ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’). The Batch ‘B’ mobilization process would commence in April 2008 and end in July 2008.
According to the Deputy Registrar (Students), Mr. A.E. Ogbejiele, all the 2006/2007 graduates and other spill-over with Senate approved results, are requested to report to their various Head of Departments for necessary documentation. All Head of Departments are requested to submit the students Bio-data for the 2008 NYSC Batch ‘B’ mobilization exercise to the Dean of Students on or before Thursday, 10th April, 2008.
All concerned are to note the above for their information and guidance.