ANUPA National Training Workshop
Some administrative staff of the University recently attended the Intensive Training Workshop organized by ANUPA on “Understanding the University/Tertiary Institution: Administrative structure and Management”. The Workshop was held at the Agricultural and Rural Management Training Institute (ARMTH), Ilorin in Kwara State from 23 – 25th July, 2007. At the end of the Workshop communiqué was issued. The Communiqué is produced below for the information of all.
1. Information Technology (IT) is a necessary tool in University Administration and Management is encouraged to provide on every Administrator’s table, a computer system or Laptop, networked to the Main server to all administrators function optimally. Also, Universities should ensure that all working tools are made available to administrators to at the point of entry into the sys tem so as to enhance their performance on the job.
2. The workshop identified inadequate training as the bane of University Administrators and in order to make them relevant in a changing and complex environment, they should undergo training and re-training specifically attendance at ANUPA training workshops, which are specially structured to meet the needs of the Universities, should be made mandatory.
3. Registrars’ representatives on Statutory Boards and committees should be accorded due status of Member/Secretary of such bodies so as to allow valued contributions and interactions.
4. The workshop strongly recommends the establishment of directorate System in the Universities so as to encourage professionalism/specialization and also that Registry be upgraded to the status of a Directorate to be headed by a Deputy Registrar.
5. The workshop noted that many Universities had not complied with the directive to all Ministries and Parastatals to establish SERVICOM CHARTERS and OFFICES so as to monitor and ensure improved quality service delivery to government client and Customers. The workshop also noted that this directive had not been complied with by most Universities and therefore strongly recommends its establishment forthwith.
Those who attended the Workshop are:
1. Mr. M.I. Egwakhide - Deputy Registrar (Council).
2. Rev. (Mrs.) H. Aima Segynola - Deputy Registrar (Admissions & Verification)/ANUPA Branch Chairman).
3. Mr. E.U. Aihevba - Principal Assistant Registrar (Senior Teaching Staff (Personnel)/Branch Vice-Chairman, ANUPA.
4. Mrs. V.O. Umoru - Principal Assistant Registrar Junior Staff) Personnel.
5. Mr. E.I. Isiraojie - Assistant Registrar (Part-Time Programme and ANUPA Branch Secretary.
6. Mrs. G. N. Egharevba - Assistant Registrar (Faculty Officer (Law) and ANUPA Branch Treasurer).
7. Mr. T.O. Onofua - Administrative Assistant (Council and ANUPA Assistant Secretary).
Thy have since expressed their appreciation to the University Management for the opportunity given them to attend the Workshop.